Founded in Bermuda in 1858, Butterfield Bank is a full service retail bank as well as a provider of wealth management services in 9 countries, including the UK and Switzerland. Perception of the brand varies by market. In London and Geneva, the name is synonymous with Private Banking. Across the Caribbean, Butterfield is the familiar community bank with well-recognized retail kiosks.
International Credit Card Series
In an initiative to move the Butterfield brand upscale across all of its markets, the bank turned to Shamlian Creative in 2009 to redesign its international credit card portfolio. Our objective: deliver an upscale card design that remains consistent in all countries and for all Visa and MasterCard consumer & business card products (including credit and debit cards, affinity cards for partner airlines, smart chip cards, and cards for varied currencies).
- Designed 20 MasterCard and Visa cards in 5 countries
- Collaborated with card printers in the US, UK and Spain
- Developed clear hierarchy of card designs across classic, Gold, Platinum, Signature and Black cards through the use of color and luxe printing techniques
- Created a brand standards manual, regularly updated with new designs to assure continuity across markets via meticulous design & production guidelines
- Maintain a comprehensive archive of card designs and mechanicals